Derek Zukosky, DO
Board-certified and fellowship-trained in urologic and robotic prostate surgery
One of the most highly trained and experienced robotic surgeons in the Denver area, Dr. Zukosky specializes in robotic prostatectomies and is the medical director of robotic surgery at St. Anthony Hospital. Dr. Zukosky was fellowship-trained in urologic laparoscopic (minimally invasive) surgery and earned his certification in da Vinci robotic surgery. Since then, he has performed more than 500 robotic prostatectomies.
Dr. Zukosky is deeply committed to his osteopathic training, providing patients with effective evidence-based treatments while also focusing on long-term prevention and wellness. Like his partners at Foothills Urology, Dr. Zukosky believes that leading-edge medical treatments can be provided in a warm, personal manner. While an expert in minimally invasive urologic surgery, Dr. Zukosky remains a general urologist who finds great satisfaction in helping patients with any type of urological problem, including prostate conditions, erectile dysfunction, and urologic cancers.
- Earned his Bachelor of Science in mathematics and Doctor of Osteopathy degrees at Michigan State University
- Completed his residency in urology at Michigan State University and his residency in general surgery at Botsford General Hospital in Farmington Hills, Michigan
- Completed his urologic laparoscopic surgery fellowship under Professor Jens Rassweiler at the University of Heidelberg in Heilbronn, Germany
- Received his certification in da Vinci robotic surgery through Ohio State University
- Board-certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery
- Acting division chair of urology and medical director of robotic surgery at St. Anthony Hospital
- Experienced da Vinci robotic surgical trainer
- Served as president of the Denver Regional Osteopathic Medical Society from 2006-2009
- Member of the Colorado Society of Osteopathic Medicine, the American Osteopathic Association, the Colorado Medical Society, the Rocky Mountain Urological Society, the American Urological Association, the Denver Regional Osteopathic Medical Society, and the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
Treats all urological conditions, with specialized expertise in:
- Laparoscopic/robotic surgery for urological conditions, particularly prostate cancer
- Urologic oncology
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Prostate cancer
- Urinary stone disease
- Kidney cancer
- Erectile dysfunction
Click on the image below to download and print information about Dr. Zukosky.