Thomas M. Facelle, MD
Urologic stone specialist and robotic surgeon
Dr. Facelle joined Foothills Urology in 2015, as he was seeking a practice that combined his interest in providing compassionate care with his drive to offer a multimodal approach to all types of urological conditions. He prides himself on the fact that he can offer care to patients within 24 hours of contact, delivering timely treatment that not only addresses the underlying urological condition but also builds a trusting, empathetic relationship with his patients. Dr. Facelle’s unique background in behavioral health and psychiatry enable him to connect with patients on a deeper level, as he can recognize and address emotional issues that regularly accompany urological problems.
Dr. Facelle takes a conservative approach to treatment whenever possible. When surgery is necessary, Dr. Facelle, mentored extensively by pioneers in robotic surgery during his training in New York and New Jersey, can provide patients with advanced minimally invasive laparoscopic surgical options. Dr. Facelle has extensive experience with advanced kidney stone disease and all forms of urologic cancers. He treats all types of urological conditions, and specializes in kidney stones, treatment of enlarged prostate, prostate cancer, and sexual dysfunction. He has published and presented research in multiple topics in urology.
- Completed his Bachelor of Arts degree in neurosciences at Wesleyan University
- Served as a psychiatric technician at Vermont State Hospital
- Earned his medical degree with honors from New York University School of Medicine
- Completed a residency in urology and surgery at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School in Newark, New Jersey
- Certified in Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Board certified by the American Board of Urology
- Extensive training in robotic surgery for urological conditions
- Experienced in treating advanced kidney stone disease and all forms of urologic cancers
- Member of the American Urological Association and the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
General Denver urologist with special interest in:
- Surgical management of kidney stones
- Medical prevention of kidney stones
- Treatment of enlarged prostate
- Urologic cancers, especially prostate
- Sexual dysfunction
Click on the image below to download and print information about Dr. Facelle.