Foothills Urology is pleased to now offer diVa, a non-invasive treatment to help treat common gynecological issues and give women back their sexual lives. diVa is a non-invasive laser treatment that helps restore the vagina's elasticity. It is specially designed for women who are experiencing urine leakage, vaginal laxity, or lack of lubrication due to childbirth, menopause or chemotherapy.
- Childbirth stretches the vaginal canal and surrounding tissue. This stretching damages the vaginal walls, perineum, and surrounding tissues, which often leads to diminished vaginal health and function. The vagina can mostly be repaired by the body’s own healing response. With many women, however, the tissue may not return to the same state as before childbirth.
- Menopause and other events such as a hysterectomy or chemotherapy, may lead to reduced estrogen production by the ovaries, which can lead to thinning, drying, and inflammation of the vaginal walls. For many women, this may decrease healthy vaginal function, leading to vaginal dryness, itching and irritation, and painful intercourse.
- Unlike other laser vaginal resurfacing treatments such as the Mona Lisa Touch, diVa also can be used to treat stress incontinence.
diVa treatment with Foothills Urology includes:
- an initial consultation with Dr. Diane Hartman, one of Denver's most experienced female urologists
- three short laser treatments in our offices, spaced approximately 4 weeks apart
- maintenance treatments every 6-12 months
Following treatment, patients may return immediately to their daily routine with minimal to no discharge, spotting, or discomfort. diVa treatment offers quick symptom relief and can help restore your feminine confidence.
To book your initial consult with Dr. Hartman, call Foothills Urology at 303-985-2550, or fill out the form on this page and a scheduler will contact you.